Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sam & Ralph

We've been so busy that I just haven't felt I had the time to keep up this diary. We are now on the eve of Sam & Ralph leaving, well what can I say?! We will miss you, you rapidly became part of our family, helped us with all you could. We enjoyed your cooking and hope to meet up again. You know there is always something to be learned here. Their first day they were thrown into the last of the onion 'repiquage', followed by putting up more fences to keep our sheep out of our produce, irrigation of potatoes. Our friend Yura from the Ukraine arrived and suddenly we have a building site. The roof is coming of La Clede. At times our kitchen turned into a cyber-caf leaving me either bemused or irritated. The first Tuesday Sam joined me on the market, helped me cook the onion bahjees, the next week it was Ralphs turn to lend a hand. Today we planted tomatoes. I am sorry we never had a chance to put up the 3rd yurt. Well perhaps another time when you come to learn more about carpentry. My camera seems to have had brain damage so cannot find any shots right now, hope to remedy this shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment